Epochal Thinking About Future Strategic Directions in the Management of Organizational Learning
Following the author’s earlier editorial theme concerning the need for exploration and innovation in organizational learning management, this article sets the scene for some radical epochal thinking about the approach and future strategic directions in the management of organizational learning.
The ideas for a more comprehensive and integrated thinking paradigm that have surfaced are driven from experience in reviewing current learning and knowledge management practice and related concept development within organizations. The solution perspectives are derived by taking a more holistic perspective on the total dynamics of organizational capability, enterprise management and the way in which different pathological conditions are resolved in many organizations.
The forces at work indicate that piecemeal and IT dominated practices around learning processes can produce a lack of coherence between learning investments and vision, strategic intent and need-to-learn needs of individuals in an organization. Solutions to these conditions are invariably subject, technique or single discipline driven without full consideration of the overall effect. It reveals that those professionals who manage learning have to be open to new ideas and to be equally receptive to new process learning in their professional practice.
This article is an outline summary of extensive strategic learning project work. There are limitations due to the shortage of published information about the nature of the current epoch in integrated performance management practice.
Some people who have a purist view of learning management may find these ideas and propositions iconoclastic whilst others will find that it provides a new gateway to out of the box thinking about the future challenges of organizational learning management at the strategic level.
Click To View Abstracts From Our Articles Below
- Frequently asked questions with reference to the corporate university
- Case research into corporate university developments
- Case research into the evolution of a corporate university development process
- Envisioning development
- ECUANET – European Corporate Academies Transnational Best Practice Network
- Interim reflections on the corporate university and SME academy business development innovation and its diffusion
- Moving towards optimising demand-led learning – the 2005-2007 ECUANET Leonardo Da Vinci project
- Strategic directions in the management of the corporate university paradigm
- Managing intellectual leadership in corporate value
- The real-time corporate university becomes a reality
- The savvy learner
- Integrating programme and process performance QA
- Global corporate priorities and demand-led strategies
Managing Design Parameters:
- Managing the corporate university learning curve
- Establishing a methodology for appraising the strategic potential of the corporate university
- Configuring the corporate university – managing a portfolio of thinking schools
- How to configure the corporate university for success
- Issues relating to learning accreditation in corporate university management
- Design and management of an organization’s lifelong learning curriculum
Best Practice Management:
- Engendering corporate scholarship for top level management performance
- Managing the transition to the corporate university – a synthesis of client research
- Managing the issue of learning relevance in the formulation of corporate learning strategies
- Managing the corporate university watershed
- The new generation of corporate universities – co-creating sustainable enterprise and business development solutions
- The corporate university’s role in managing an epoch in learning organization innovation
- Configuring the structure and administration of learning management
- Exploration of a contextual management framework for strategic learning alliances
- Hunting goodwill along the intellectual equity trail